Sunday, July 22, 2007

First Love and FHM

Can't wait for the book FIRST LOVE to be out. Got a story in there called "Whatever Happened To...?" Publishers did say it's supposed to be on the shelves by 3rd wk July, but where? oh where could they be?

I thought it would be a good idea to coincide First Love's release with the much-hyped HP7 yesterday, to take advantage of the high traffic coming into the bookstores. Then again, I would have to trust the Cozy Reads folks with what they're doing. Let's cross our fingers and toes.

By the way, a friend of mine told me Heartbreak was on the latest FHM issue. Gave me a good excuse to buy that (wretched) magazine (and finally see what all men were drooling over, aside from the obvious -- gigantic boobs and sexual fantasies which only an Olympic gymnast could do.)

(It was funny you know, how me and my girlfriends read that FHM magazine in Serendra, in a place as wholesome as Krispy Kremes. I was trying to make sure that no toddler would be staring in our direction, and then asking his mom what we were reading. It brought a whole new dimension to covert reading when you're in your thirties. Anyway...)

And I can't believe that my daily paper, PDI, the one paper my family reads, has never mentioned, not even once, Heartbreak. Not even a line? Not a whimper? And to think the book was launched internationally in the last World Book Fair in Singapore! What could possibly convince them to write a review, or a feature, anything! to drum up interest. Haay... Buti pa ang Cebu's Freeman, supportive.

Hmmm.

No comments: